Repairs reporting update!!
As of 1st December 2021 we will have introduced an online system called Fixflo for you to conveniently report repairs through to us. Fixflo includes the following features to help you raise detailed reports online:
- Report issues 24/7 through any internet connected device
- Log your issue in your native language
- Receive instant email confirmation with proof of submission
- Ability to login and view status updates + communicate with us
The submitted report is sent straight to your property manager, so there is no need to phone through or email, and we will maintain our commitment to resolve any issues at your property quickly and reliably.
To report issues please go to https://evergreen.fixflo.com
For urgent help:
Common queries and answers
No hot water/heating
- Check that the Settings are correct on your thermostat/Programmer/clock.
It may that the time is set wrong, or in fact, the heating has been turned to “Off”. Check these first. You can always try “Boosting” or Pressing “Advance” to see if boiler fires up. Likewise, most modern Combi-boilers should automatically fire up when the hot water is turned on.
- If you have no hot water and the still no heating, you should check the pressure. Boiler pressure should ideally sit between 1 and 1.5 bars. Topping up the pressure is normally a simple thing to do; however, to ensure you are doing it right, you can almost always find a PDF instruction manual online by Googling; “Boiler make and model instruction manual PDF” – you should then save that manual somewhere.
- If the boiler is still not firing up and working as it should, you can use the instructions in the manual you have downloaded to perform a Manual Reset, If, after this, the boiler is not working, please email Evergreen Property and we will get someone out to you as quickly as possible.
Slow Draining Sinks/Showers/Baths
- Drains can become clogged for a number of reasons; some of which are directly related to tenant behaviour. Wipes should not go down Edinburgh’s drains nor should you pour cooking fat down the kitchen sink – both of these actions will lead to the drains being clogged and the tenant being charged for any costs.
- Most clogs that make the drains clear slowly can be remedied for a few pounds. Before calling your agent or landlord, please try using one of the many drain unblockers available from Supermarkets or DIY stores. If following the instructions does not lead to better drainage, your next option is using a plunger and then reporting the issue to Evergreen Property – please be aware that if the clog is caused by tenant misuse, you may be charged the full cost of the visit of the drains specialist.
- Leaks are incredibly common in Edinburgh. Each year, Evergreen Property will deal with leaks into flats we manage and also leaks from the flats we manage. It is paramount that tenants inform Evergreen Property if they notice any water ingress into their property. Likewise, if tenants suspect that there is a leak from any appliance or pipework, please inform us straight away. Most leaks are very easy to fix but the damage caused by them can cost Thousands of pounds so, time really is of the essence.
- If the leak is coming from your property, please ensure the water supply is turned off – most flats in Edinburgh have a simple tap that shuts off the water to the flat. If you don’t know where this is, contact Evergreen Property and we will get someone round.